Saffron Quinoa Timbales
- Spray 8 x 1-cup timbale molds or ramekins with olive oil spray, and set aside.
- Combine ½ cup stock with saffron in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine quinoa and remaining 4 cups stock in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add leek and cinnamon stick, stir 1 minute and add quinoa. Reduce heat to low, add currants, tomato, saffron mixture and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick, and spoon quinoa mixture evenly among timbale molds or ramekins, packing with a rubber spatula. Invert timbales onto plates, and serve.