Chicken Cabbage Salad
This Chicken Cabbage Salad is a very easy way to make a tasty cabbage salad. It works well as both a side salad or a main dish.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 packages of ramen noodles, Oriential flavor
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 packet of Oriental flavoring (from one of the Ramen packages)
- Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
- Chop the cabbage, cilantro (leaves only), and green onion until it is at an even consistency among the three. Mix together.
- Add the almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Break up the ramen noodles and place in the salad.
- Mix oil, rice vinegar, and flavoring. This is now your dressing.
- Put dressing over salad and add salt and pepper to taste
- Leave salad to sit and absorb flavor for an hour for best taste.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Vegetarian Chicken Patties can be used to replace the chicken breasts
- Cooked and cooled ramen noodles can be used for those who don't like crunchy noodles in their salad.
- Try browning the noodles & nuts in a little butter, let them cool, and sprinkle on salad. Yum.