Almond Chicken Salad with Asparagus
Almond Chicken Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups asparagus tips, diagonally cut
- ¼ cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- lettuce leaves
- Steam asparagus for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lemon juice and salt.
- Add asparagus, chicken, bell pepper, cilantro and almonds and toss to coat.
- Serve on fresh lettuce leaves.