Whole Wheat French Toast
- Place soy milk, flour, nutritional yeast flakes, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in mixing bowl and beat with whisk.
- Mist a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, or coat with a thin layer of canola oil.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip bread slices, one at a time, into the batter, making sure that both sides are covered.
- When skillet is hot, add the dipped bread.
- When the bottoms of the bread slices are well browned, carefully turn each slice over using a spatula.
- Cook the other side until it is a deep golden brown.
- Serve hot with melted non-hydrogenated margarine (like earth balance), maple syrup, powdered sugar, and/or a little sprinkling of additional cinnamon.