Add a ham bone to White Bean Soup and proceed directly to heaven. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: How to Cook Everything
- Time: at least 1½ hours
- Makes 8 or more servings
- Place the ham bone, beans, and stock or water together in a large saucepan or casserole and turn the heat to medium-high; add the onions.
- When this boils, turn the heat down to medium-low and cover partially.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are very soft and any meat falling off the bone, at least 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat; remove the bone from the pot and let cool slightly.
- Take all the meat off the bone, chop it, and set it aside.
- Mash or puree the beans, then return them to the pot along with the ham.
- Reheat, season to taste, garnish, and serve.