Watermelon Romaine Salad
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1½ cups orange segments
- To make dressing, process vinegar, preserves, oil, mustard and pepper in blender or food processor until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
- Divide romaine among 6 salad plates.
- Place watermelon on top of romaine; arrange orange segments around watermelon.
- Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.