Tofu Béchamel Sauce
- Blend all blended ingredients in a blender except for the nutmeg and white pepper until very smooth (a minute or so).
- Melt the margarine in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking in the flour to get a roux but before it starts to change color.
- Scrape the roux into the blender and blend to mix for a few seconds.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until it thickens and boils.
- Simmer on low for a few minutes, whisking in nutmeg and white pepper.