Thick Vegetable Soup
- Serve 4.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 455 g (1 lb) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 850 ml (1½ pints) vegetable stock
- 425 g(15 oz)can chopped tomatoes
- 30 g( l oz) cracked wheat
- 230 g(8 oz) courgettes sliced
- salt and pepper
- Soften the onions by cooking in a pan with the heated oil.
- Add the celery and the carrots and cook for five minutes stirring all the time.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and tomatoes and mix well.
- Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes add the cracked wheat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the courgette and simmer for five to 10 minutes depending on how thick you like your soup.
- Season and serve with fresh bread.