|Super Moist Corn Bread
| American cuisine
| Native American cuisine
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). If using a Dutch oven, preheat with 16-18 glowing charcoal briquettes, with 3 times as many on the top as on the bottom.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan
- In a large bowl, mix corn meal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, egg, and melted butter.
- Gradually add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into the greased pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Over-mixing after adding together the liquid and dry mixtures will toughen the batter!