Soy Protein Bread
The use of soy protein in this recipe increases the bread's natural flavor. This bread is very easy to prepare.
- 30g (1oz) of fresh yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of oil
- 3 cups of warm milk
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- 1 table spoon of salt
- 1 cup of TSP (texturized soy protein)
- 8 cups of flour
- Heat the milk until it is about to boil, then add the salt and the soy protein. Mix it for the salt to be well dissolved. Let it rest until is warm again.
- Put on the blender the milk and the rest of the ingredients, including the yeast. Mix it for a few seconds until it is homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture on a bowl and start adding the flour while mixing to keep the bread homogeneous all the time.
- Work the bread with your hands all the time, always keeping it smooth. You may have to add some extra flour while you work with it. Keep doing this until the bread stops being sticky.
- Let it rest for about 25 minutes at a warm place, with approximate constant temperature.
- Separate several small balls of bread of about 1 inches (2.5 cm) in diameter and half of it in height.
- Put the breads on a oven tray with some distance between them and leave them for other 15 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at about 200°C and put the tray in a medium position inside the oven.
- Let them cook for about 20 minutes.
- You may increase the amount of oil by half a cup to make it more moist and increase its lifetime.
- You may add minced provolone into the mixture (not filling) to give it a delicious subtle taste of cheese.
- You may of course fill it as well.
- You may cook it in different shapes that the small bread