Soba Noodle Salad I
See Ginger-Sesame Dressing, or you can use your own favourite dressing.
- 8 oz. portion frozen soba noodles, thawed and softened in boiling water and rinse in cold running water (or equivalent dry soba noodles, cooked according to package instructions)
- ⅕ block (3 oz) firm tofu, cut to ½" cubes (we make more tofu)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion, green and white part, cleaned and thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut in half lengthwise then cut across into thin half-moons
- sprinkle sesame seeds + cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Add tofu to a large non-stick skillet without any oil and toss over high heat until all water has evaporated.
- Add canola oil, reduce heat to medium-high and fry, tossing frequently until tofu is firm and bouncy; beware of possible splattering.
- Drain over paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl combine drained soba noodles, cilantro, scallions, cucumber and 2 – 3 oz dressing, toss well.
- Arrange salad in center of large plate and top with fried tofu.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro sprigs.