Sesame Noodles with Grilled Tofu
- Line baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Cut tofu in half crosswise, then holding knife parallel to work surface, split each piece in half horizontally.
- Place in baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place plate on top and weigh down with several cans. Refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes to press out excess moisture.
- Prepare marinade in shallow glass bowl.
- Remove tofu pieces from baking dish and blot tofu dry with paper towel; discard liquid.
- Place tofu in bowl with marinade; turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours or for up to one day, turning occasionally.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- When water boils, add noodles, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook noodles until tender according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Transfer noodles to bowl.
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil.
- Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse broccoli under cold running water, and drain again.
- Add broccoli to bowl with noodles.
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a hot charcoal fire.
- Remove tofu from marinade.
- Grill tofu, basting occasionally with marinade, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with noodles and broccoli. Transfer mixture to serving platter. Arrange tofu on top and sprinkle mixture with scallions. Serve at room temperature.