Potato, Pea and Couscous Hash
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe large tomato, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups peeled diced all-purpose potatoes ( 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup frozen Peas
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until Onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Add tomato, garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Gradually stir in couscous, adding it in a stream, and parsley. Return mixture to a simmer, cover and cook (without lifting lid) 1 minute. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Gently fluff hash with fork. Wait another few minutes, then serve hot.