- Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Freezing: recommended (without yogurt) for up to 3 months
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the bacon with the onion and carrot for 5 minutes, until : the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, lentils and chicken stock.
- Season with the coriander, a little salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 40 minutes, or until the lentils are soft.
- Stir in the yogurt and reheat gently.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls, sprinkle with the snipped chives and serve immediately.
Omit the bacon and use vegetable stock. This will remove the protein selection and reduce the optional calories to 25 per serving. The calories per serving will be 150.