Hearty Winter Vegetable Stew
- oil bottom of slow cooker with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add shallots, carrots, potatoes, turnips and garlic, and toss to coat with oil.
- Add salt, pepper, stock, wine, tamari and herbs.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Do not stir.
- Cover slow cooker, and set on low; cook until all vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Heat all oil in 5- to 6-quart dutch oven or other large pot over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot, and cook, stirring contents occasionally, until all vegetables are tender, 1 to 1½ hours.