Grilled Fish with Pineapple-Cilantro Sauce
Makes six servings
- 1 medium pineapple (about 2 lb) - peeled, cored and-cut into 1" chunks
- ¾ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cl garlic, minced
- ½ to 1 tsp jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 to 3 tbsp Nutrasweet® Spoonfull™
- 6 oz 4 oz halibut, haddock-or salmon steaks or fillets-grilled
- Heat pineapple, juices, garlic and jalapeno pepper to boiling in a medium saucepan;
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; heat to boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water, stir into boiling mixture.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; cool 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Nutrasweet® Spoonfull™; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm over fish or pork.
Serving size ⅙ recipe (figured with a 3 ox fish fillet):
- calories: 185 saturated fat | trace protein: 124g | cholesterol: 136mg | carbohydrates: 116g | fiber: 11g | total fat: 13g | sodium: 1159mg
diabetic food exchange
- 2½ lean meat, 1 fruit