Green Papaya Salad
- Peel papaya and shred the flesh or grate into fine, long strands.
- Cut beans into short lengths.
- In a blender process the dried shrimp to a floss.
- Combine with the crushed peanuts and set aside.
- Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic, shallots and chillies to a paste.
- Add fish sauce and sugar, then the beans and pound gently so the beans don't lose their shape.
- Add papaya shreds and pound lightly.
- Turn out into a bowl, add lime juice and toss.
- Sprinkle with dried shrimp and peanuts, and if liked, some dried chilli flakes.