Frozen Strawberry Salad
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- 2 T. honey
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 pt. strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (13-1/4 oz.) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 C. heavy cream, whipped in syrup, undrained
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Salad greens
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Whole strawberries
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1.In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in water. Dissolve completely over hot water. Transfer to 2-quart mixing bowl.
2.Add pineapple and syrup, lemon juice, salt, ginger and honey. Mix well. Stir in sliced strawberries and chill until slightly thickened.
3.Mix cream and mayonnaise; fold into fruit mixture.
4.Pour into 9" x 5" x 3’’ loaf pan, sprayed with non stick spray. (Pan will be about half full.) Freeze until firm.
5.About 30 minutes before serving, invert onto platter and slice into 8 - 10 slices. Place salad greens on 4 or 5 salad plates. For each serving put 2 slices of salad on each plate. Garnish with whole strawberries and watercress.
- Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe