- 1 lb uncooked soba noodles
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated gingerroot
- 1 cup snow peas
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 8 oz firm tofu -- cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large, nonstick saute pan, combine soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add onions, garlic and gingerroot.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas, scallions and lime peel.
- Toss and cook until peas are tender and bright colored, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and tofu.
- Continue cooking and toss just until bean sprouts are slightly wilted.
- Add noodles and toss to mix.
- Add lime juice to taste and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot.