Dum ke Pasandey
- ½ kg flattened mutton pieces (pasandey)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup cream
- 100 g paneer (mashed)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 8 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond powder or cashew nuts powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp saffron dissolved in 2 tbsp of water
- salt to taste
- Rub salt, ginger and garlic paste to the mutton pieces.
- If the meat is hard, rub 1 tsp of ground papaya peel.
- Keep for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and apply to the mutton pieces.
- Arrange in a baking dish and on top arrange tomato or egg slices and bake in a moderate oven at 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes.