Curried Tuna Salad
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 to 2 6¾-ounce cans tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon drained capers (optional)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- shredded romaine lettuce
- Combine hot rice and peas in large bowl; toss lightly.
- Add tuna, celery, onions and capers.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, curry powder and pepper sauce in small jar with lid.
- Pour over rice mixture; toss lightly.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Serve on shredded lettuce and garnish with tomato wedges.