Crispy Catfish with Key Lime-Mustard Sauce
A Catfish recipe. Serves 4
- ½ pound black quinoa (substitute with white quinoa, if necessary)
- ½ pound white quinoa
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Gulden's spicy brown mustard
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice or lime juice
- ⅛ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Coleman's dry mustard
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ bunch of chives
- Cut each catfish fillet into 4 strips on the bias(see note); reserve.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly.
- Place in a pot and cover liberally with cold water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender (about 12 minutes).
- Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain thoroughly; reserve.
- Beat eggs and add milk.
- Place flour, egg/milk mixture, and quinoa in three separate shallow pans.
- Season catfish strips with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip in egg/milk mixture, and roll in quinoa.
- Combine all sauce ingredients; stir thoroughly.
- Sauté quinoa-coated catfish strips in clarified butter and drain on a paper towel.
- Place strips diagonally on a plate and drizzle with sauce, or serve mustard sauce on the side for dipping.
- Garnish with chopped chives.