Chocolate Chip Rolls
Chocolate Chip Rolls - This is a recipe grown out of an experiment on my usual biscuit recipe; they're not extremely sweet, but fall closer to dessert than just rolls or biscuits.
I tend to cook with half whole wheat flour and half white flour; the recipe should work fine with all white flour as well (probably a little less milk).
- 2c (280g) whole-wheat flour
- 2c (280g) white unbleached flour
- 1t salt
- 3t baking powder
- 1 1/2c (360ml) milk (soy milk works fine, too, with no appreciable change in taste)
- 1/2c (120ml) vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips (or small chocolate pieces)
- Preheat over to 425°F (210°C)
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, mix
- Turn dough out onto floured baking cloth and knead slightly
- Roll dough into log, cut into 8-12 pieces
- Press pieces flat, sprinkle with chocolate chips, and roll
- Place rolls on greased baking sheet, cook 13-15min
- Enjoy! Best fresh.