Ceylon Curried Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1½ cups cooked rice, cooled
- ¼ cup diagonally sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper slivers
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- lettuce leaves
- diced carrots or grated coconut (optional)
- Combine rice, celery, carrots and pepper in medium bowl.
- Blend mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, curry powder and lemon juice; toss with rice.
- Serve on lettuce leaves; top with diced carrots or grated coconut, if desired.