Calico Vegetable Rice Salad
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup bottled oil and vinegar dressing
- 1/4 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- 1/2 Onion, sliced and separated into rings
Combine rice, water and curry powder in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Let rice cool.