Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Paula Lydzinski, Perkasie, PA
- Makes one to two dozen
- 2 to 3 cups plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 to 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 to 5 leaves fresh basil, minced
- ⅓ cup red onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 baguette or loaf Italian bread, sliced and toasted
- Combine all ingredients except bread in large bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight to develop flavor.
- Serve at room temperature, spread on toasted rounds of bread.