Brochettes a la Camerounaise
- A few pounds of Beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Onion, sweet green pepper, tomatoes (optional); cut into bite-sized pieces
- vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- tomato, chopped
- Onion, finely chopped
- garlic, minced
- fresh ginger, minced
- cayenne pepper or red pepper
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind together all of the marinade ingredients.
- In a glass bowl mix the meat and marinade, thoroughly covering the meat.
- Allow the meat to marinate for several hours if possible.
- Place the meat (and vegetables, if desired) on skewers.
- Cook the skewered meat under the oven broiler.
- Baste with the remaining marinade, making sure the marinade is fully cooked after the last basting.