Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- 2 - 3 bunches fresh broccoli
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ - ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins (fresh grapes are a good replacement if you can find them)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 small red onion - chopped (optional)
- 1 lb bacon - fried
- Fry bacon, crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces, wash and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Set aside. (Miracle Whip works in place of this)
- Chop onion.
- If grapes are used in place of raisins, cut in half.
- Combine broccoli, bacon, onion and grapes.
- Stir in Mayonnaise mixture or Miracle Whip. Refrigerate until served.