Big Fruit Salad
After an OVERLY hearty, boring, rich, oily meat and potatoes kind of meal everyone only wants one thing; something that's not overly hearty, boring, rich, or oily! That is why I made dessert salad that is also a great snack, bunch, and even a full lunch sometimes.8 servings, 30 minutes preparation
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 1 medium honeydew melon
- 2 mangoes
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 kiwi fruits
- 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- Cut the 2 in half, then scrap out the innards.
- Cut into ¼'s then ⅛'s.
- Fillet from the skin and chop into ½-inch chunks.
- Toss into a big mixing bowl.
- Peel the mangos and cut from the core then cut the two bigger pieces in half and chop into ½-inch chunks.
- Toss into the big mixing bowl.
- Wash the berries, and cut the tops off the strawberries and cut the big ones into halves or quarters.
- Toss into the big mixing bowl then toss all the ingredients together.
- Peel and slice the kiwis into ¼-inch rounds and place around the edges of the bowl for presentation.
- On the small holed side of your cheese grater (or with a micro plane) zest 2 of the limes and then place the zest in a small bowl.
- Juice all 4 of the limes into the bowl with the zest and then whisk in the sugar.
- Pour over the fruit salad and let sit for at least 4 hour before serving.