Delicious onion soup Belgian style ! Together with the Parmesan cheese and French bread it's one of the most made soups in Belgium ! Enjoy !
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add chicken stock, beer, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Broil bread on one side about 3 inches from heat.
- Turn, sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese, and broil 1–2 minutes more, until lightly browned.
- Pour soup into bowls.
- Add cheese-covered bread.