Bean Sprouts and Curd Salad
This is a Burmese salad that’s easy and quick to prepare.
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup beancurd, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil for salad (extra for frying curd)
- 2 tablespoons shrimp powder
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon or less roasted chili powder
- 1 large lime
- ½ cup fried onion
- Trim sprouts and boil for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Slice curd into ½-inch strips and fry strips in a wok until crisp.
- In a bowl, put sprouts, shrimp powder, 1 tablespoon oil, fish sauce and chili powder.
- Squeeze lime over mixture and mix well.
- Add salt, sauce or lime as desired.
- Add curds and fried onion.
- Mix lightly and then serve.