Bean Sprout Salad
- The canned variety don't have the requisite crispness. Keep a close eye on the toasting sesame seeds so they don't burn.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 300F.
- Toast the sesame seeds by spreading them over the bottom of a pie tin. Roast for 12−to−16 minutes, stirring often, until they are golden.
- The seeds can be toasted in advance and stored in an airtight container.
- Place the bean sprouts in a large heatproof bowl and set it aside.
- In a medium−size skillet set over moderately low heat, stir−fry the garlic,scallions and ginger in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are limp.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, increase the heat to moderate, then boil the mixture, uncovered, for 1 minute to slightly reduce the liquid. Pour the boiling dressing over the bean sprouts, toss well, then cover the bowl and chill the salad for several hours.
- Toss again before serving.