Baked Layered Italian Spread
A rich, savory cheese spread featuring the tastes of Italy, warm and comforting!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- ⅓ cup pesto sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- ½ cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup minced roasted red peppers (from the jar is fine)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Parma ham or prosciutto (omit if making vegetarian style)
- ¼ cup cooked small white beans
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives or green olives (your choice)
- ⅓ cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon minced red onions
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, parmesan, and asagio; spread into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish.
- Mix together the pesto and roasted garlic; spread in a layer over the cheeses on the dish.
- Spread the shredded mozzarella over the pesto layer, then sprinkle with the roasted red pepper.
- Mix together the Parma ham or prosciutto and the cooked white beans; set aside.
- To arrange the last layer, mentally divide the contents of the dish into three equal"pie slice" shaped sections, then:
- Sprinkle the entire dish with the onion and parsley, and bake in a 350 °F oven for 20 minutes and it's bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with dippers such as endive leaves or thin slices of toasted Italian bread.
- Note: you can leave out the Parma ham if you want it to be vegetarian; also, this can be made up ahead of time and reheated, if necessary.