Arran Potato Salad
Although Ayrshire is traditionally the county where the best potatoes are grown, Arran Chief is a particularly good, waxy variety, ideal for salads. Of course, you can use any available variety which produces a firm, waxy texture when cooked.
- 10 waxy potatoes, diced
- 4 ounces (100 g) shelled fresh peas (or frozen peas)
- 4 ounces cooked beetroot (red beets) diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) salad dressing or salad cream
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for ten minutes or until tender.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Cook the peas separately for about five minutes or until tender and then drain.
- While the vegetables are still warm, mix together and stir in the chopped parsley and onion and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the salad dressing (or salad cream) to moisten, and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.