| Bread Recipes
Biscuits - These biscuits are tall, light, and flaky. They are less salty than many bought mixes. They taste good plain or with butter, honey, jam, or sausage/ham gravy.
- Preheat oven.
- Sift all dry ingredients into bowl.
- Cut in shortening until like coarse meal.
- Beat egg lightly and add to milk.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix with fork until dough holds together.
- Turn out onto floured board and knead lightly with floured fingers.
- Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut with floured cutter (a round cookie cutter).
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 12 minutes.