Aggie's Irish Soda Bread
Aggie's Irish Soda bread
- 3 Cups Unbleached White flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Cups Raisins
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 Sticks) sweet butter, Cold
- 1 Cup buttermilk
Makes 1 Large Loaf.
Preheat Oven to 350f.
Sift The flour, baking powder, Soda And salt Into a Large Mixing Bowl. CutThe butter Into Small Pieces And Add. Cut it Into The flour With a PastryBlender Until The Mixture is The Size of Peas. Add The Raisins And Toss ToDistribute Evenly, Using Two Forks.
Gradually Pour The Liquids Into The flour, Tossing All The While With aFork so The Mixture Gets Evenly Moistened. Continue Tossing Lightly WithTwo Forks Until The Batter Comes Together; it Doesn't Have to be CompletelyMixed And Should be Very Rough And Lumpy.
butter a Heavy Skillet or Casserole, 10 to 11 Inches in Diameter And 2 To
- 3 Inches Deep. Round is The Traditional Shape. Spoon Batter Out Into ThePan And Push it Gently to Fill The Pan. it Can Mound up Somewhat in TheMiddle. Bake at 350 f About an Hour or Until The Middle is Set. Cut Out aPiece to Test if Necessary.
Cut Into Wedges And Serve Warm From The Pan.
- "World Recipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/World_Recipes