Witches' Brew II
This looks good and seems like fun. Serve root-beer floats from a “steaming” cauldron made magical with the smoke of dry ice. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- You’ll need a large cauldron and a chilled bowl that fits inside it (dry ice can cause glass to crack, so use bowls made of metal); dry ice (available in supermarkets); frozen root-beer mugs; root beer; and ice cream. Make sure you have a door or several windows open (dry ice is made of frozen carbon dioxide, and a pound of dry ice can produce enough carbon dioxide to fill up 125 2-liter bottles).
- Wearing gloves, use an ice pick to break up the dry ice (never touch it with your bare hands); place a few pieces in the cauldron.
- Cover the ice with water, pushing the ice under with a long wooden spoon if necessary, and place the chilled bowl in the cauldron. (Wait for the dry ice to completely sublimate. Never drink the brew if the dry is has not finished sublimating).
- Fill the bowl with root beer.
- Put a scoop of ice cream in each mug, and ladle root beer over the top.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group