Wisconsin Ackawi Cheese Triangles
|Wisconsin Ackawi Cheese Triangles|
| Appetizers | US Cuisine
Ackawi Cheese Triangles make use of a specialty (ackawi) cheese.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry,
- thawed 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Ackawi cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Makes 32 pieces.
- Combine cheese, parsley, onion, egg white and red pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 sheet pastry into a 12x12 inch square; cut into 16 3x3 inch squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on each square; fold pastry over each filling, forming a triangle. Seal edges with tines of a fork; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° F for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Serve warm.