Wildfire Spiced Wontons
Makes 12 – 15 wontons
- 300 g cream cheese
- 1 packet square egg wonton pastry
- 15 g Wildfire spice
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 small sprig parsley
- 10 g Outback salt
- Kakadu plum and chili sauce to serve (found where Australian specialty products are sold)
- Remove the cream cheese from the fridge and allow to soften.
- Finely chop the garlic and parsley.
- In a mixing bowl combine the garlic, parsley, Australian Wildfire spice and salt to taste and mix through well.
- Remove the wonton pastry from the plastic and cover with a damp cloth so they won’t dry out.
- On each square put a teaspoonful of the cream cheese filling.
- Moisten the edge of pastry with a little egg wash or water,the fold all edge together and firmly to seal.
- Place on a tray dusted with corn flour to prevent sticking.
- Using hot oil heated in a Wok or sauce pan, fry a few at a time on medium heat until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with Kakadu plum and chile to serve