Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- WW points: 5
- Servings: 6
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cup water
- ½ cup wine, dry white
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon , crumbled
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp white all-purpose flour
- 5 oz fat-free evaporated milk
- 15¼ oz canned white corn, drained
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- Place chicken, water, wine and bouillon cubes in a medium pan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook gently, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Set aside one cup of broth and chop chicken into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°F).
- Coat a deep 8-inch (20cm) pie dish with cooking spray.
- Microwave carrots and peas for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick pan, add onions and cook until soft.
- Stir in flour and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in milk and reserved broth.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add carrots, peas, chicken and corn.
- Pour chicken into prepared dish.
- Layer sheets of phyllo over pie, trim edges and press down firmly to seal.
- Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F (180°F) and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes more.