Watercress Soup   aka soupe au cresson is a beautiful soup of stron flavour.
- 3 red skinned potatoes, around 2 pounds
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 bunches of watercress, around 3/4 pound
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 cups whole milk
- crème fraîche or sour cream
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Over medium heat melt butter and include the potato cubes for ~3 min.
- Remove from heat when done.
- In another pan, boil water.
- Include the watercress, with stalks into boiling water and blanch for ~45 seconds.
- Drain them well.
- Include the blanched watercress with potatoes and the stock with a good pinch of salt.
- Bring all to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for ~10 min.
- Include milk.
- Bring to boil again, then reduce heat to simmer for ~5 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Should liquidize, blend until you achieve a completely smooth consistency.
- Salt and chill.
- To serve swirl in a dab of crème fraîche in each bowl.