Walnut Sweet Bread
In Romanian: Cozonac cu nuca
- Regular Sweet Bread dough
- Melt the sugar in the warm milk with vanilla in a pot on the range.
- When the sugar is melted, add the walnuts and keep stirring.
- After a few minutes of boiling, and after the filling has thickened, remove from heat and add rum. When the filling is cold, roll a sheet of dough about one finger thick, uniformly spread the walnut filling on top and roll like a jelly roll.
- Grease a bread pan, place the roll inside, let rise for a while and then set in the oven to bake at medium heat.