- Peel and slice the potatoes then cook in boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Place the frankfurters in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cut into slices.
- In a bowl, beat together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain the potato slices and arrange in a large bowl together with the frankfurter slices and onion rings.
- Pour the dressing over the warm salad, mix well and leave for 10 minutes.
- To serve - sprinkle the chopped anchovies and gherkins over the salad and serve immediately.