Veggie Cincinnati Chili with Beans, Spaghetti and Cheese
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- l large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 28 oz can peeled tomatoes in purée
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup hot Mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp allspice
- 15½ oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 8 tbs shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 48 oyster crackers
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- In a pot, cook onion 5 min.
- Add ¼ cup water if needed.
- Add zucchini, carrots, peppers and garlic to onions in pot.
- Cook 5 more min.
- Or until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes and puree.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt and allspice.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered 30 min.
- Add beans and cook 15 more min.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- Serve chili over cooked pasta.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tbsp cheese, 6 oyster crackers and a few pieces of scallions.