Vegetarian Lentil Stuffed Tomatos
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 clove crushed garlic
2. Place in a small saucepan and stir in boiling water, cover.
3. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add Onion, and saute until golden brown over medium low heat.
8. Slice the tops off tomatoes, and reserve.
9. Scoop out the middles, and reserve.
11. Stand in a baking dish.
12. Chop reserved tomato middles, and place in a small bowl.
14. Pour around the stuffed tomatoes.
15. Bake in a preheated 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
16. Remove from oven, and serve.