VLT - Vegetable, Lettuce and Tomato
From the cookbook of George Hirsch "Living It Up"
- 1 large whole grain baguette bread loaf, split lengthwise
- 4 slices eggplant, peeled, sliced and grilled
- 2 red bell peppers, split deseeded, and grilled
- 4 slices zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise and grilled
- 1 grilled portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 beefsteak or vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, iceberg or other leaf lettuce
- 2 tbsp sandwich spread
- Layer the bread with the grilled eggplant, peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- Add sandwich spread to one side of the bread.
- Top with lettuce and tomato, close the bread, and cut into four sandwiches.
- Calories 330
- Protein 14g
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 64 mg
- Fiber 12g
- Sodium 610 mg