Turkey and Pasta Bake
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20 - 30 minutes
A nutritious, healthy meal featuring turkey seasoned with some simple, yet tasty, ingredients. Serve with a loaf of crusty ciabatta bread (or whatever you have on hand) and a good red wine.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (93/7 blend)
- 5 oz smoked turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1¼ cups chicken stock
- 8 oz rigatoni or penne pasta
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Brown the turkey in a nonstick saucepan, breaking up any large pieces until the meat is well-browned all over.
- Add the chopped turkey bacon, garlic, onion, carrots, paste, stock and seasoning. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain the pasta thoroughly and mix with the turkey sauce.
- Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until lightly browned on top.