Turkey Macaroni Chili
Using a low/healthy carb pasta will help here. Take care, Gloria
- Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1½ tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 1 can (19oz) tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups peeled, diced potatoes
- ¾ cup canned red kidney beans, drained
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- ⅓ cup elbow macaroni
- In a large non-stick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic, carrots and onions and cook for 8 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring to break it up, for 2 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, stock, potatoes, beans, corn, tomato paste, chili, oregano and basil; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and add macaroni; cook for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm.
- 240 Calories | 13g Protein | 552mg Sodium | 0mg Cholesterol | 6g Fat | 35g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1½ starch | 2 vegetables | ½ lean meat | 1 fat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/