If you haven't used ground turkey before, you will be amazed how great it tastes in this recipe.
- Source: Healthy Calendar, Diabetic Cooking, published by the American Diabetes Association
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 x 26-oz jars marinara pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 oz fat-free ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook turkey over medium-high heat until brown.
- Drain fat.
- Lower heat to medium and add pasta sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ½ cup mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and parsley.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange noodles side by side on top of sauce, overlapping slightly.
- Spread ¼ cup cheese mixture on top of noodles.
- Repeat layering with pasta sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover; top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake additional 25 minutes or until cheese is light golden brown.
Per serving (1/10 recipe):
- 293 Calories | 76 Calories from Fat | 8g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 97mg Cholesterol | 609mg Sodium | 30g Total Carbs | 4g Dietary Fiber | 1g Sugars | 26g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 2 lean meat | 3 vegetable | ½ fat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/