Turkey, Spinach and Apple Wrap
- Source: AICR
- Makes two wraps, or 2 servings
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 2 whole-wheat lavash wraps or flour tortillas
- 2 cups (washed and dried) baby spinach leaves, loosely packed, or two large leaves of a soft leafy green lettuce
- 4 thin slices turkey breast (4oz)
- ¼ Granny Smith apple, sliced paper-thin
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Lay out both wraps.
- Spread the edges of each with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Leaving a margin free on the side closest to you, arrange a layer of greens on top of wraps.
- Top each layer with half the turkey.
- Evenly divide apple slices and lay lengthwise across turkey.
- Fold over the end of the wrap closest to you, then the two sides.
- Roll the wrap as tightly as possible toward the opposite side.
- Cover each wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate, seam side down, up to 4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and cut each wrap in half, at an angle.
- 234 Calories | 20g Protein | 294mg Sodium | 7g Fat | 27g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1 bread/starch | 2 vegetable | 1 fruit | 1½ fat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/